Friday, January 18, 2008

Respite

Jack slept all night last night! I got to bed around midnight, had a brief jaunt to the bathroom at 4:23 a.m., slept through Jeff's alarm going off, and was awakened at 7:45 a.m. by my sweet baby boy (notice that he's sweet now that I've had close to 8 hours of sleep). I feel almost human again, if it weren't for this alien inside of me! :-)

Thank you so much for all of your encouraging comments and emails! I'm going to buy some new baby gates today and start trying "roomtime", so pray that it works! Then I think that I will allow Jack to take a one hour nap in the afternoon instead of two hours. We'll see how that goes!

Tonight I get to go on a date night with my hubby--a wonderful thing to look forward to.

6 comments:

Katina said...

Glad you got sleep! It makes such a difference! :) Enjoy your date night!

Leanne said...

I prayed for you last night..
I'm so happy you slept!!

Kristi said...

praise God!! I'll keep praying for wisdom, patience and strength for all of you!!

Molly said...

Woo-hoo! Glad you got some good zzz's! I read your posts in order, so didn't see this before commenting on the other one. Hope you have a very enjoyable, relaxing time with your hubby tonight! You'll be a new woman...full night's sleep AND a date with your hubby all within 24 hours!! :) You go, girl! Praying for you!

Jeffo said...

That little floating baby over on the left side of the screen looks pretty peaceful... not at all like what we saw on the ultrasounds!!!

Dana said...

Betty,
I had this long messaged typed out to you the other day and then it was accidentally deleted. Looks like you got a lot of great advice from other moms. I didn't really have anything great to add. However, I can offer support and please know that your in my prayers! I really felt for you when I read your last blog. Its hard to remember that God does not give us more than we can bare. As hard as it is to be single-working mom I had the tables turned this summer when I was home with Connor. I was SOOO tired and exhausted! I can only imagine how your feeling. Connor locked himself in the bathroom the other day and I was beside myself with panic. My two-year old sounds just as adventerous as yours:D

I would love to come over sometime with Connor so he could play with Jack and you and Jeff could have more "date nights" ;)

It was great to still see you singing up in the choir yesterday. Your love for the Lord just radiates all over your face.

Love you!!

Dana