Thursday, February 28, 2008

Get-Away Car

"I need a get-away...." If you listen to Toby Mac, you'll recognize that phrase from "Get-Away Car". It's one of Jeff's favorite TM songs, and hopefully we will hear it tonight! I had a very full day planned today. My husband gave me a wonderful spa day for Christmas, and I had planned to do all of it today before we left for Indy, however, given the day I had yesterday, I decided to cancel it and try to rest as much as possible this morning. The tickets were non-refundable at this point, as was the hotel reservation (yes, we are staying overnight!), so we felt that I would try to go to the concert. Hopefully I can get through it and enjoy it without having too many contractions. I say this laughingly, because if you've ever been to a Toby Mac concert you know that there is no way to just sit quietly and "enjoy" the music. It is usually a total body experience! But I will try!

Anyway, I don't know if I actually have more energy today, or I am just really excited about getting away for a night, but I'm feeling much better today. I'll post some pics when we get back!

5 comments:

Kristi said...

Gee whiz, I'll be praying for you guys during this time! I can imagine that you might be a bit distracted in the days and weeks to come - wondering if you're feeling "something" and then feeling guilty 'cause you really shouldn't be doing as much as you would normally be doing - anyway, that's how I would be feeling.

Troy & Sherry said...

i will be praying for you my friend!
i can't even imagine having contractions right now and we are pretty much the same in our pregnancy...hang in there and try and enjoy the pm :)

Dana said...

Have fun Betty! My friend Abby went tonight with her brothers and I know they were VERY excited!

Leanne said...

I'm so jealous...a night away with your hubby...I wonder when that will happen again??
I hope you are feeling better!!

Anonymous said...

Interestingly enough, Toby Mac's older brother Mark went to MBBC for a year back in the mid 80s when I first started my long, long college career. Hope you had a great time and yes, I am jealous! Check out effectradio.com for a great listening experience.