Monday, July 24, 2006

Prayer

Please pray for my friend, Ed Horn, as today will most likely be his last day on this earth. I won't go into all the details, but if you have the time and want to receive a huge blessing, look at this website for Ed. He has been battling cancer for some time now, and it looks as though his body has so aggressively rejected the bone marrow transplant that he received just a short time ago that he will quickly pass into eternity. He leaves behind his young wife, Kelley, and their two children, Aiden and Kya. Throughout this trial they have modeled Christ in just about every way possible. They are friends of mine from college and although we have not actively communicated with each other in over a decade, I have read this website every day now for several months. I feel a great sense of grief for his loss, and for the pain that his family must be going through. Like them, I pray to Ed's heavenly Father to please take him quickly. Please pray with me that His will is done.

Face to face with Christ my Savior
Face to face--how can it be?
When with rapture I behold Him--Jesus Christ! Who died for me!
Face to face I shall behold Him
Far beyond the starry sky
Face to face in all His Glory
I shall see Him by and by

When my life work has ended, and I cross the swelling tide
And the bright and glorious morning I shall see
I shall know my Redeemer when I reach the other side
For His smile will be the first to welcome me
I shall know Him--I shall know Him
And redeemed by His side I shall stand
I shall know Him--I shall known Him
By the print of the nails in His hands

No comments: