Sunday, July 16, 2006

The Tooth Has Arrived!

Tonight I was feeding Jack a little bit of peanut butter on the end of my finger and I felt it! It's really there! No wonder he was a little TURKEY all day yesterday and today. Sundays are hard on Jack with church coming right in the middle of his morning nap and lunchtime, but today he was especially cranky and cried alot. It wasn't until this evening that I realized the problem! The good news is that it is finally in--the bad news is that we have a whole mouthful to go! Now I'm freaking out about feeding him peanut butter. What was I thinking? What if he is allergic to peanuts? Can I get him to the ER in time? I don't even have any Benedryl in the house. Good grief. So far he is doing fine. But I keep watching for signs of blotchiness and tongue swelling. Hard to tell in an already drooling, mouth contorting baby, but I'm watching nevertheless.

I tried to get a picture but he wasn't cooperating with me. By the way, he is also sitting up and doing the army crawl across the floor! He'll be 8 months old in a few days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so funny! How could a child of yours be allergic to peanut butter. That just would NOT be right! Love you
G