Saturday, December 31, 2005

Happy New Year

New Year's Eve is a bittersweet holiday for me. It holds many memories, mostly good, but some very painful. It's a time to look back, and that is not something that I enjoy doing, but sometimes you have to look back to realize how far you've come. This year I take a moment to sit down and wish you a happy holiday, and to record for my son what he was doing on this momentous evening--his first New Year.

He's asleep.

My husband is downstairs with Anne and Bryan playing a game--laughing and having a great time. I can hear them from one floor away. Jack is upstairs in his little bed, dreaming of....what do babies dream about? Breasts full of milk? His daddy's face? At any rate, he is peaceful and so very sweet in his little bed.

And I am here, realizing with every tick of the clock that I am sooooooo blessed. I have a wonderful husband, and amazing children to share my life with. It doesn't completely erase what went on before. There was another life, not so long ago. There were other people that I loved and shared myself with. I wish them joy and happiness, and that they will trust God in the new year.

Well, it's time for me to join my family downstairs. I love them so much. God is so good to give me back ten-fold what was lost.

Happy New Year!

No comments: