Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Like Father, Like Son

















Since the moment that little Jack came into this world, his biggest fan has been his daddy. During the labor and delivery Jeff was by my side, helping me, encouraging me, giving me a play-by-play account of what was happening "down there" where I couldn't see. But from that incredible moment when Jack was born, I lost a little part of him. Don't worry, I'm not jealous. I'm only too happy that Jeff is so in love with his son. I never dreamed that I would have this much of a partner, a husband to link hands with me in this unbelievable journey called "having a child". I could not ask for a better daddy for my baby or a better husband.

Before Jack was born, his Grandma Poo gave me some things that were Jeff's when he was a baby. There were several little outfits and a beautiful blanket. I was so glad to have them. A friend of mine once taught me the importance of saving those memories, so I was thrilled to be able to pass these treasures on to Jack. After Jack was born, she got out Jeff's baby book and gave that to me. In the first few pages of his book was a picture that took my breath away. There, staring back at me, was what I could have sworn was a picture of my son, only it was his father. There is NO doubt about "who" Jack looks like. So tonight I dressed Jack in the same little outfit that Jeff's mommy dressed Jeff in, and took his picture. Grandma Poo, that picture is for you, for being such a good mommy to my baby's daddy. Thank you.

No comments: