Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Under Construction

It has been a while since I blogged, but for a good reason. We are in a war zone right now with our house. On Sunday afternoon we came home to standing water in our basement. The basement is finished and houses most of our computer, television and exercise equipment. The sump pump failed and the water that was pooling everywhere was wastewater. Yes, folks, it was poo water. So, we called in the troops and our good friends came over and went beyond the call of friendship to bring all of our basement belongings upstairs. We disinfected each piece as it came up the stairs and it is now sitting in the dining room and foyer area. I have been taking pictures, but right now I can't get them from the camera to the computer because we can't find the card reader or the cord! The basement that Jeff worked so hard to finish is now back to cement floor and framing. It is a huge setback and expense, but it needs to be done, so Jeff has been working like a dog trying to put it all back together. It's one of those things that you just have to look at and say, "I have no idea what the reason is, but I know there is one, and that God will show us what to do". It also brings home the thought that all of that stuff is just "things" and the most important thing is that we have each other.

On a much happier note, the kids are flying in today! We have been so excited, and yet nervous about them coming home to such a wreck. But they are good kids and I fully expect them to jump into the work with their characteristic exuberance and sweet spirit. Basically, they don't care what we do as long as they are with their dad! I can't wait for them to see Jack--they are going to be amazed!

More later........

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hey! good to hear from you! (and nice blog!)
And in answer to your handbell question--yes, I most definately stopped playing. However, after I leaned over and asked (in a frantic whisper) where we were in the middle of the performance, I got it back together. Handbells probably bring back plenty of memories for you too! :) Remember BJU? And actually winning FABA? You were our fearless leader!

bethoven said...

Hey, Betty! I finally added a link to you on my blog. I should remember to visit more frequently now! ;)

Since I spent some time with Gaylene this weekend I heard a little about your horrendous story. Hope cleanup is going well.

bethoven said...

Hey, Betty! I finally added a link to you on my blog. I should remember to visit more frequently now! ;)

Since I spent some time with Gaylene this weekend I heard a little about your horrendous story. Hope cleanup is going well.