Monday, March 06, 2006

The Cows Come Home


This past weekend we went up north to Milwaukee and the area in which I lived for 12 years. While Jeff worked on computers at the northern branch of his company, I ran around the countryside, visiting old haunts, eating Kopp's custard, and seeing the many changes that have taken place at my alma mater. Jack did GREAT traveling this time! He slept pretty much any time we got in the car, and when he was awake, he was mostly smiling and happy. There were a couple of meltdowns, but there was always a helping hand (or shoulder) nearby for him to drool on, and I think he was a big hit. Not only did we see a lot of familiar places, but we also so many familiar faces! I took Jack around Old Main and introduced him to many people that I've known for years. On Saturday, we were invited over to "Auntie Carol" Senn Ruffin's house to visit with some very close friends and to catch up on the "happenings" of our lives. There was lots to say! Jeff and I had a great time with the Ruffins and the Vegters (and wish that we could have seen the Nicholson's as well, but alas for poor planning on my part). Later that evening we went to the Machine Shed for dinner with some very special family members--and it was wonderful to see them and to introduce them to my new family. Now that Jack is becoming such a good travel bug, we hope to visit others on the list of people to see!

3 comments:

SooAnn said...

Sounds like you had fun! I'm glad to hear Jack did well too!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you all had fun...what happened to Alisha's foot? Hey, I need your email address so I can send you my moving announcement!

Anonymous said...

Hey, it only took me four months to see this posting! :>( It was great to have you all at our home in March! We pray for you every week and haven't stopped talking about wanting to make a trip down your way in the not too distant future.