Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Things Happening

The last few weeks have been incredibly busy. So much so that blogging has become a low priority. But, a few amazing things have been happening with Jack that just have to be recorded. After all, this is first and foremost my "baby book" of Jack's life, and he is definitely doing some record worthy things.

First of all, last Friday night I went to a Pampered Chef party with some friends. When I came home my husband informed me that Jack was in bed (and that he had cried most of the night for daddy!) and that he had been playing with his toy in his crib. I didn't really think much of it, because I had never really seen him play with this toy and I thought that it was just daddy talking up the baby boy genius. I was sitting in the living room when, to my surprise, over the monitor came this music! I just looked at it and turned to Jeff, who was smiling proudly. "He's playing with his toy again," he said. I could not believe it. Not only was he playing with it, but he had learned how to push the button to turn the music on and off! You have to realize that up until this time he had never even played with a toy. I sneaked upstairs and took a peek. There was my son, laying on his back, staring up at the aquarium toy attached to his bed, listening to Brahm's Lullaby and watching little sea horses float by making bubbly noises. By the way, kudos to Nana for buying Jack the coolest toy ever! The next day I did get video of Jack playing with his toy during nap time and as soon as my hubby has a minute to call his own, he will post it for your viewing pleasure.

Monumental thing no. 2. Jack turned over all by himself. A couple of days after the toy incident, I put him down for a nap, on his tummy, and when I went to pick him up he was turned over on his back! So far he's only done it once, but we were pretty impressed.

No. 3. Jack had his 4 month checkup on Monday. He is now 14 lbs and 4 oz, and is 24 1/2 inches long. The doctor says he is doing beautifully. She is a little concerned still about the noise that he makes in his throat and suggested that he see a pediatric ENT in Indy. So we are considering that. It seems like a waste of time now....he's doing so well and I'm not sure that they could really do anything for him at this point, but it would be nice to know if everything is still ok in there and find out when he might grow out of it.

No. 4. Mommy's milk is drying up. I cannot tell you how sad this makes me. I had hoped to be able to nurse Jack, or at least pump and feed him breast milk until he was closer to one year, but it would seem that my body is not cut out for it. The will is there, believe me, on both of our parts. Jack loves to nurse and hates a bottle, but the milk is just not there. I've tried two rounds of Reglan to boost my supply, but it keeps dwindling. I pretty much just feed him in the middle of the night now, and even then sometimes it doesn't let down. Every time I feed him I cry a little, knowing that it might be the last time. On a lighter note, daddy is excited about finally being able to feed his baby. If he could have lactated, I think he would have.

No. 5. He seems to be having some separation anxiety when I leave him with daddy and sometimes in the nursery too. This has made daddy very sad, so he is spending some extra time with him each night (Jack is still not on "Indiana time" yet) trying to get him used to him again. So far it's working and tonight the things that transpired can only be labeled as our silly little boy cutting loose and just being his happy little self. It was so cute.

Noteworthy: Jack loves to be nakey. He will cackle with delight as soon as I start pulling his clothes off.

Noteworthy 2: He has taken to peeing on me again. I think he knows he's doing it. Little turkey.

No comments: