Friday, February 02, 2007

The Itchy And Scratchy Show

I spent all day judging a music competition at our school. It was great--I got to get out, see people, have adult conversation, and picture my little Jack as one of the students playing their instrument in competition. G-Poo watched Jack for me. All in all it was a great day. When I went to get Jack I noticed that I was itching a little bit around the straps of the cami that I was wearing under my sweater. I didn't think much of it because I have kind of sensitive skin and sometimes my clothes make me itch if I've been in them all day (oh come on, YES, I wear clothes all day, but you know what I mean!). Anyway, I came home and Lee came over for dinner and a movie. We were watching Batman Begins (very cool movie that I had not yet been able to see all the way through) and I really started itching. Now it was worrisome because I had changed my clothes hours ago. I went in the bathroom and was shocked to find what I believe to be hives all over my shoulders, neck, legs, and I can only imagine my head as well, since it is also itching! The red dots have grown into large welts now as I am writing this. Jeff and Lee are on an emergency run to Walmart to get me some Benedryl. All I can think is that I've gotten in to something that I am very allergic to and it has given me hives. I am also sneezing a lot, but that could be totally unrelated.

I'm stumped. I have to say that I don't think this has ever happened to me, and it's, well, a little unsettling. I just hope that Jeff wakes up if Jack gets up in the night. I guarantee after I take a full dose of Benedryl, I won't be hearing anything. Scratch 'ya later!

No comments: