Saturday, April 07, 2007

Something New Every Day


Jack has finally discovered books. After months of forcing him on our laps to read any book that he would tolerate, he has finally developed a love for his books. He likes this book because it has all kinds of babies in it, all smiling and making happy faces. I walked in to the living room to "catch" him sitting in this chair, book in hand. It was so cute, and I was afraid that I wouldn't get the picture, but I got it!
Another thing that has happened recently is that Jack is climbing EVERYTHING. Tonight I put him in the bathtub with his toys and then came and sat down at my computer (the computer is right outside the bathroom door, so I wasn't very far away). I could hear him in there splashing around, talking, laughing at himself. Then I heard a thump, and yelled out in my best distracted mom voice, "You better not be standing up in there! Sit down!" I heard nothing else for a few moments, and then out of the corner of my eye I see a little naked boy rounding the corner on tiptoe. He took one look at me and let out a squeal and tried to run! I was shocked! So much for using bathtime as "me" time. My mother-in-law was quick to point out (when I called her hysterically) that soon he will be climbing out of his crib. Nooooooooo!
And in typical little boy fashion, the more weirded out I am by my son, the more he seems to take pride in his accomplishments. Maybe this baby will be a girl?

3 comments:

Leanne said...

Don't worry...Christopher climbed everything also! However, He never climbed out of his bed!! Thank you, Lord! On the other hand, at least you don't have a SEVEN MONTH old attempting to climb everything...hmm,hmm... I love the book picture! Christopher's favorite is a Tractor Book...Matthew likes any book he can chew!

Molly said...

Hi Betty,
Thanks for your comment. It's good to be back in touch with you. Your little guy is a doll. It's intersting to see how God answers prayer. We were praying for him a number years ago in Bible study! Nifty. Don't you just love it when they get interested in books...it is so fun to watch their reactions to the pictures and to hear them when they first start trying to retell the stories. Makes fun memories! Take care.

Anonymous said...

I suppose now wouldn't be a good time to mention that, at this age, Kaitlyn would climb out of her crib, onto the high dresser and then jump Meghan's crib when they were sick and tired of nap time.

Do you know the cow in the mall playground? Kait also liked to stand on it's HEAD when she was about 18 months.