Friday, April 25, 2008

Good Report

I just got back from my now weekly doctor's appointment. It was a good visit! He was cautiously optimistic about the changes I've made in my diet. The levels have gone down because of it, I am not experiencing sugar spill-over, and I gained a pound and a half, which is quite normal. Grace is still measuring on the lower end of normal, and her heart rate is good. So we both seem to be doing well. I will still need to see the endocrinologist on Tuesday, and still will most likely have to go on the insulin, but there is a better chance now than before that they might allow me to continue with MY diet on a weekly basis. Should I lose weight, have excessive keytones, experience a rise in my sugar levels, or if Gracie suddenly gets bigger, then all deals are off. I can live with that.

So, praising God for a good report, and looking forward to spending some time with my family and our friend, Lee tonight. I am also looking forward to going to a wedding tomorrow, although I have not the slightest idea what to wear.

Have a great Friday!

3 comments:

Leanne said...

I had my doctor's appointment yesterday, too! I must have just missed you....
I will pray that you don't have to go on insulin...but I' really glad to kow you are doing so well!
Love,
Leanne

Anonymous said...

Just want you to know that We are praying for you and this special gift from the Lord that you are carrying. Know that in all things, God has a plan, and His plan is good.

Remember that you are to place all your trust and security in HIM. He is the giver of life.

If insulin is where you will go, then think about all the Lord wants to teach you... and those around you by going through this experience. Sometimes the journey is not about you... but someone around you who needs to know about our wonderful Heavenly Father. Isn't it amazing that the Lord would use you for such a purpose?

Will be praying for you! May you be strengthened in Him!

Molly said...

So glad you got a good report and that your diet is working! Keep it up, not long now! Praying for you.