Monday, March 31, 2008

So Far So Good

Jack and I are taking a little "break" from the house today! Anne and Bryan are at our church's Christian school today, visiting. We are really praying that they like it, and they do not immediately feel that it would be too difficult for them. Lord willing, they will be moving up here over the summer for good, and will hopefully attend our school. Since Jack and I had to get them there at 7:30 a.m. and pick them up at 3:15 p.m., we decided to stay in town and hang out at Grandma's house! Unfortunately, she isn't here. She had to work today, but said we could make ourselves at home. That's a pretty generous thing, considering Jack can really, really make himself at home, if you know what I mean :-)

Things are going really well with my diet. I have only had a couple of high readings so far, and I'm really learning what particular foods are good ones to eat. I must make a little retraction from my sample menu from the other day--I found that I can NOT eat a half a bagel without some other form of protein. I don't know what makes it different, but for some reason that half a bagel sends my levels through the roof, even though it is well within my limits for carbs and also contains protein. Oh well, go figure. Anyway, I discovered that the Brocolli Cheddar soup from Panera is only 1 carb exchange, so I can eat the french baguette along with it! It's the first time I've tried it, so in two hours time we will see if it was a good thing or not. The math works out ok, but we'll see what the glucometer says (ahhh, the all-knowing glucometer).

Just as a side note, I am finally able to push the button on the lancet myself--no more asking Jack to do it! Ha!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

I'm glad that you're getting accustomed to your - temporary - new normal - I'll keep praying.
Wow - I didn't know Anne and Bryan are planning on moving up to IN - I'm sure that Jack will LOVE that!!

Troy & Sherry said...

that is hilarious.....so proud of you for pushing the btm yourself :)
thanks for coming last pm....nice to have Anne with you - she is such a pretty girl and a polite young woman:)

Molly said...

Way to go with the button! I would have a hard time with that one, too! I'm excited to hear that Anne and Bryan will be moving in with you. I'm sure that will bring changes, but also blessings. Wow, I bet they will be a big help with Jack and the baby! Glad to hear your diet is going well. Keep up the good work! Take care.