Monday, March 26, 2007

Aunt Laurie

Today my friend, Laurie, came to help me. I have been overwhelmed by the last couple of weeks, and with Jack clinging to me and puking on me, it was difficult to face the task of trying to get packed to go to Mamaw's funeral. So she came loaded with Starbucks, food, and lots of perky cheerfulness to lend a hand when I was in a hard spot. This is not the first time that Laurie has helped me in a jam! Laurie has been with me during some of the darkest days of my life, and I know I don't say it enough, but I love you, Laurie Lu, and I can't thank you enough for being my friend.

A couple of years ago Laurie and I took a trip to Florida to see her parents and go to Disney. It was, without a doubt, a trip of a lifetime for me, and one that I look back on with such good memories that I just had to share them with you.

Thank you, Aunt Laurie, for giving me a bath and helping my mommy retain her sanity. Love Jack.

Thank you, friend Laurie, for once again, being where you were desperately needed.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I was there to help you clean it up. You know I would. I love you!
G

Anonymous said...

Hi Betty,
I found your blog through someone else's (from Faith) the other day by accident. It was good to catch up on what has been happening in your life, but I was so sorry to hear about all the trials you have been facing recently. I know our great God has a purpose and plan in it all, but that doesn't mean it is easy at the moment. I know also that He will give you the grace and strength that you need to face each day. Keep your eyes fixed on Jesus. Heb. 12:1-3

Anonymous said...

You are VERY welcome, Betts and Jack Jack! It's a true joy to help friends -- you've certainly come to my aid more than once.

And it's so fun to look back on those fun Florida memories -- thanks for posting those!

Yesterday afternoon I got a call that Matthew wasn't feeling well, so I picked him up from school, laid him out on the couch, and ran to Meijer for Gatorade! (Last night he puked 3 times so the Gatorade slushy trick you taught me has come in very handy... except Matthew goes for the purple rain rather than Jeff's favorite orange!) He seems better this a.m. so we're in good shape!

'Praying for you today with Mamaw's funeral. Love you all! M, L, & kids

Betty 'Rie said...

Hey! Must be Molly Stillwell, right? Thank you for the encouragement. Do you all have a blog?

Laurie, that Matthew has the weakest stomach! Poor baby!