Saturday, March 17, 2007

Stephen Virgil Gray

This morning Jeff received a sad call from his grandmother. It would seem that Jeff's dad has been very ill this last week, and sometime this morning, passed away. The viewing and service will be held at Abbott Funeral Home in Delphi, on Tuesday. The viewing will be from 11-1 p.m., with the service at 1:00 p.m. The family has a plot in Rossville.

This was unexpected. Please keep Jeff and the family in your prayers. Grandma Beaulah has now lost her husband and her oldest son within a few months of each other. We are unsure exactly of Steve's relationship with the Lord. There was evidence in his life as a young man that he knew the Lord, and just in the last year he had several opportunities to make good decisions for God. Only God knew his heart, and we are believing the best about his eternal destiny.

Already friends and family have been a blessing to us. Jeff's childhood friend, Andy, was with him when he got the news and stayed with Jeff for a good part of the day until everyone could gather. Gaylene came immediately and watched Jack for me so that I could go and be with Jeff. Laurie was a great comfort to me as she prayed with me on the phone for our family. Pastor Woodall called within the hour to express support from our church and to offer their assistance with a meal. The funeral director, who just buried Grandpa, made special arrangements to meet with the family this afternoon to help finalize the funeral arrangements. God is so good. There are many sad days ahead as Jeff, his brother Jason, sister Jill, and mom Sharon, sift through the belongings and memories of a lifetime. Please keep them in your prayers.

3 comments:

Burman Batch said...

I will be praying for you family in this difficult time.

Leanne said...

I will be praying for your family, Betty. I really appreciated your sweet, sweet words. If there is anything we can do for you, please let me know...I mean that.
Take care of yourself...its easy to get exhausted right now.
Love you,
Leanne

Chipmunk said...

I am sorry about this sad news. I give you my prayers.