Monday, November 21, 2005

Week 38

I now officially have only two weeks more to go. Of course, that is really a load of hogwash since you can't tell when you're going to have a baby! Over the last couple of days I have experienced several good "signs" that would indicate the beginning of labor, but when you look it up in the books they tell you that you could go for another two or three weeks with these "signs". So, it's completely inconclusive and totally exasperating. I went all day yesterday thinking that maybe it was the "day". I even made Jeff load my suitcase in the car (which is where it will stay from now on) and strapped in the baby seat since we were going to be spending the day in Lafayette and we might need it--"just in case". Well, we didn't need it. I came home just as big and pregnant as when I had left. Oh well. I decided today when I got up that I couldn't live from minute to minute thinking that every little thing I felt was an indication of labor. I have a whole houseful of people coming for thanksgiving, including the twins (yeah!) and I need to get some work done. So today I'm going to do my best to just be normal and prepare for the holiday. I'd have to do the same thing if Jack was outside my body, so I may as well get over it and be glad that I can carry him inside, instead of in his heavy car seat!

No comments: