Wednesday, January 25, 2006

I Love My Mommy


Hmmm.....something tells me that maybe he doesn't.....at least in THIS picture! Jack had his first official picture taken on Monday. It was quite a traumatic event, for mommy and for baby. Jack decided that he would throw a fit all morning long before we went to town. I was afraid that all of his pictures would have red eyes and cheeks in them, but he managed to calm down during the 25 minute car ride. He smiled and cooed for the photographer, and even managed some cute pics with mommy too. As soon as we get them, we'll post them.

Jack has been having trouble sleeping. Yesterday he was awake from 2:00 p.m. until 1:00 a.m., with the exception of a few 15 minute naps. He will go to sleep in his bed, and then 15 minutes later he will wake up screaming. He did this all day today as well. I finally held him on my chest for an hour so he could sleep, and he did, but that is all the nap that he has had since 11:00 a.m. this morning. I put him down on the couch this afternoon, and when he started crying 15 minutes later, he had a little bit of blood on his blanket. So I called the doctor and he has an appointment for 8:45 a.m. tomorrow. So, please pray for him, and for his parents. There was no obvious injury to his mouth or ears, and no injury to me (a bleeding nipple), so we're not sure where the blood came from. It's very frustrating and has made me quite uneasy. He is playing happily with daddy right now, as you will see at the end of today's post. Jeff flies Jack in the air and talks to him in this funny little baby voice, and Jack loves it! I will post more tomorrow after the doctor appointment.

1 comment:

Betty 'Rie said...

Thank you, Jeannie! The fact that you could look at that first picture and still offer to take him show that you are a true friend! Just FYI for you readers out there, Jeannie is a friend of mine from church. She has recently completed her nurses training and "happened" to be working in the hospital during the time that I had Jack. One of the nurses came to me and asked if a student could come in and observe my delivery. I said "sure", and lo and behold, in walks Jeannie! So not only was I surrounded by my family and close friend, I was also expertly attended by my godly nurse, Jeannie. Thank you, Jeannie for being there and being such a great help and encouragement to me during Jack's birth!