Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Ready To Go!


Jack went back to the doctor today. For the last couple of days he has cried inconsolably. He has acted as if he were in pain. We knew that babies his age had gas, but this seems a bit excessive. He doesn't want to eat and he's not sleeping well either. So, mommy called the doctor today and she said "bring him in"! So we went. The doctor thinks that he may be having a problem with milk proteins, so I've been ordered off dairy products for a week. She also thinks that his acid reflux could be a problem, so she gave a us a new medicine to try. He did have blood in his stool, and that's not a good sign, so we need to do something. Poor baby. His tummy really hurts. I had no idea how emotionally draining it would be on me for my child to be sick. When he cries, I feel like crying, because I know that he's trying to tell me how rotten he feels. It's exhausting. I know all the mothers out there (and I can just about pinpoint some specific ones) are smiling to themselves and thinking "boy, she doesn't even know the half of it". I've been around children and have had children in my life for sometime now, some that I loved as if they were my own, and I've been truly distressed when they were ill, but, good grief! This is terrible.

On a happier note, I took this picture of Jack today in a more calm moment before he went to the doctor. He was just so cute. He is wearing a coat that came especially for him from Shirley and Jim. They're from Wisconsin, so they know how to dress a baby warm. It is the most adorable little coat and he looks adorable in it.

No comments: